Using the internet is not safe these days. It is because there are many harmful materials on the net that can affect the performance of your computer system and destroy it eventually. They appear in the form of viruses, spyware, malware, adware and many more. They have many sources and among them are the malicious scripts.
Computer experts regard malicious scripts as harmful websites which slowly infect the performance of your system. How to block malicious scripts does not bug the computer users anymore since ways on how to get rid of them are being introduced. In this article, computer users will learn two effective ways on how to block the scripts. They worked to other computer users; hence, they can work well to other users as well.
Internet browsers, such as Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer, provide effective ways on how their users avoid the harmful websites that are slowly infecting their system. For example, Mozilla Firefox has its NoScript add-on. Its good performance has been proven by those who have availed it; hence, they recommend it to other users. To effectively use it, you should carefully follow these steps.
- Go to your Firefox add-on page. But, make sure that your default browser is Firefox.
- In the search textbox, key in “NoScript”
- Right click the “Add to Firefox” tab to make a dialog box appear.
- Click “Install Now” and restart your computer after the installation. With this, the homepage of the NoScript add-on will appear. It is advisable that you read the information that it contains so that you will not experience some problems along the process.
- Allow the current site that you are visiting to be trusted by clicking the “S” tab located at the bottom right corner of your screen.
Internet Explorer’s Protection
The internet browser Internet Explorer has its own tools that help computer users protect their system from harmful websites that may contain viruses, spyware, adware, malware and many more. Internet Explorer or IE has security tools that are easy to use. How to block malicious scripts can be effectively done by following these simple steps.
- Make sure that your default browser is Internet Explorer. Version 8 of IE is more preferable than the other versions, IE 6 and IE 7 in particular.
- Go to the Internet Options command which you can found at the tool’s menu of the explorer. In here, you will encounter the Ratings tab by clicking the content tab and the enable button.
- You will now choose the category of the website by clicking the boxes the in the Ratings tabs which indicates different keywords, such as language, nudity, sex and violence. With this, you will be able to know what category that sites that you are opening fall.
- You can get to use other internet rate settings to make sure that the website you are surfing will be safe for your system. You only need to surf the net to look for the other rate settings that will match your system. Install them to your system and restart your computer before using them.
- Other ways of protecting your system are to prompt the users or choosing not to run a script. You can surf the net if you want to look for other ways.
How to block malicious scripts is not a problem anymore especially to the users since various ways available. What users need to do then is be very careful in opening websites because not all are safe. They may contain useful information but they may bring to their system as well. By following such ways, instances of computer damage caused by scripts can be prevented.
How to block malicious scripts can be easy because as technology develops, many effective ways will be introduced. Also, it is quite sure that more complex problems will affect your system. If this happens, may be you will need to be prepared and look for tools that may help you.